URIECA (GWO Enhanced First Aid)
As the wind energy sector continues to experience growth and the distance from civilisation to wind farm turbines increases, medical response times for attending the scene of a casualty are lengthening. As a result, leading operators are having to place greater emphasis on advanced first aid capabilities and the provision of lifesaving skills.
The Global Wind Organisation released Version 1 of the GWO Enhanced First Aid Standard on 1st October 2018 to try and address the risks faced by those working in the industry. But in January 2017 we were already one step ahead…
The UK Remote Immediate Emergency Care Advanced (URIECA) course goes beyond the GWO Enhanced Standard and is designed specifically for those working in the onshore or offshore wind environments where a patient with life threatening injuries may be a long way from an ambulance response. The aim of the course is to reduce preventable pre-hospital deaths by training you to identify and treat life-threatening emergencies sustained in these remote areas and prepare casualties for rapid evacuation to hospital.
Facing unique risks with specialist skills
Those working in the offshore and onshore remote locations face unique risks, so equip them with the skills to successfully overcome those challenges with confidence and save lives.
Our advanced first aid training course delivers best practice training, helping to upskill your first aider to an advanced first aider and increase their competence levels and ability to save lives.
Raising the standards of GWO Enhanced First Aid with the URIECA UK Remote Immediate Emergency Care Advanced Training Course
Trauma Resus are the only training provider with the expertise to deliver a 3 Day Advanced First Aid & Trauma Training Course to the industry that goes beyond the GWO Enhanced First Aid standard. This allows our highly-experienced instructors to train your delegates to saves lives by treating life threatening conditions, administer on-site pain relief and support the provision of medical equipment.
The course has been developed in conjunction with pre-hospital care experts, remote rescue specialists and those working in the renewable energy sector to ensure that it is carefully tailored for those working in the industry. What’s more, the course instructors hold vast experience in both pre and in-hospital care so you can rest assured that delegates are in the safest hands.
The URIECA course is equivalent to PHEM (Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine) Level C, as defined by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care for providers.
Upon completion of our 3-day course, delegates will receive a GWO BST First Aid certificate, GWO Enhanced First Aid Certificate and our Advanced URIECA Certificate.
Key deliverables for delegates attending our course include:
- Ability to administer advanced first aid at offshore renewable and remote locations
- Administer pain relief with governance in place from leading healthcare professionals
- Increased confidence in response - to provide care if circumstances require
- Competence to deal with medical and trauma incidents
- Familiarisation and usage of bespoke equipment
Delegates must attend a 2-day requalification course every 2 years to refresh all 3 certificates.
The syllabus includes everything covered in the GWO Basic and Enhanced First Aid standards, plus:
- Kinematics – How to perform a ‘SCENE’ approach and predict injury based on the evidence of forces and motion as derived from the accident scene
- Catastrophic bleeding – Learn to identify both internal and external haemorrhaging and apply suitable treatment such as tourniquets and haemostatic agents.
- Airways – Develop skills in identifying and managing airway problems, including use of OP/NP and I-GEL™ airways.
- Breathing – Study serious chest injuries and their management, including the use of chest seals.
- Circulation – Examine how the circulatory system works and how to identify and treat shock.
- Disability – Identify and treat head injuries and prevent secondary brain injury.
- Extremity Trauma – Identify and treat fractures and soft tissue injury using a wide range of splints and slings.
- Burns – Understand the different types, severity, and treatment of burns
- Crush injuries – Recognition of the severity crush injuries and management of these conditions.
- Packaging and evacuation – Learn the different ways of packaging casualties for rapid evacuation and choose appropriate extrication and transport equipment for time-critical patients including long-boards, vacuum mattresses, scoop-stretchers and speed-boards.
- Special Circumstances – Discuss adaptations for treatment for victims of drowning or poisoning.
- Triage – Understand major incident issues, prioritising and management of multiple casualties.
- CPR and AEDs – Learn the Resus Council 2015 CPR guidelines and the safest and most effective way to use AEDs.
- Medical Gasses – Understand the physiology of respiration and the indications and contradictions for oxygen and Penthrox pain relief therapy.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is perfect for anyone working in the renewable industry - onshore or offshore
What is the Price of the Course?
What is the duration of the course ?
At your premises or a training centre throughout the UK