The PILS (Paediatric Immediate Life Support) course aims to provide healthcare staff with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to provide Immediate Life Support to Paediatric patients.
This course will meet the needs of those who need more advanced skills than those taught during Basic Life Support (BLS) but who do not require the more comprehensive 2-day Advanced Life Support (ALS) Course.
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team
Specific areas to be covered:
- ABCDE Assessment
- BLS and choking
- Airway management and ventilation
- BLS with adjuncts
- Emergency circulatory access, fluid administration and medications
- Paediatric ALS algorithm and management of cardiorespiratory arrest
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
What is the Price of the Course?
£150+VAT per person. Discount available for group bookings.
What is the duration of the course ?
At your premises or a training centre throughout the UK
UK Resus Council
Valid for - 1 year
Upcoming course dates.
There are no events in the selected category