COVID-19 & The Renewable Energy Sector – Positional Statement– Guidance for Advanced First Aiders
8 April, 2020
A new module has today been added to our Renewables Sector Maintenance of Skills (MOS) package. Please click here to login and view this in our Learning Portal.
Some key points to note with relation to COVID-19 are :-
- There are no specific first aid treatment measures for suspected or confirmed COVID-19 casualties.
- There are significant risks to a first aider when assessing and treating a casualty with COVID-19.
- If there is a risk that your team could be assisting casualties from outside of your organisation, then add the following items to your response bags :-
- Surgical face mask x 2
- Oxygen filta mask
- Clear plastic drape
- If members of your organisation are reporting to work fit and healthy and a first aid incident occurs, then the risk to the first aider is very low.
- If there is a risk that your team could be assisting casualties from outside of your organisation, then :-
We will continue to update this position as further evidence, guidelines and advice are produced. If you have any queries in the meantime please don’t hesitate to contact us.