COVID-19 & The Renewable Energy Sector – Positional Statement– Guidance for Advanced First Aiders
8 April, 2020
A new module has today been added to the Maintenance of Skills (MOS) course provided with the EURIECA® programme for the Renewable Energy Sector.
Please click here to login and view this in our Learning Portal.
Some key points to note with relation to COVID-19 are :-
- There are no specific first aid treatment measures for suspected or confirmed COVID-19 casualties.
- There are significant risks to a first aider when assessing and treating a casualty with COVID-19.
- If there is a risk that your team could be assisting casualties from outside of your organisation, then add the following items to your response bags :-
- Surgical face mask x 2
- Oxygen filta mask
- Clear plastic drape
- If members of your organisation are reporting to work fit and healthy and a first aid incident occurs, then the risk to the first aider is very low.
- If there is a risk that your team could be assisting casualties from outside of your organisation, then :-
We will continue to update this position as further evidence, guidelines and advice are produced. If you have any queries in the meantime please don’t hesitate to contact us.